Every member of Beyond the Professoriate Community has access to videos & webinars, and can attend group coaching with Beyond the Professoriate Founders Maren & Jen. But if you're looking for additional support, you can sign up to work exclusively with us, one to one.
Are you ready to launch a non-faculty job search? Are you unsure of where to start looking, or how to go about finding opportunities, writing a resume, or using LinkedIn?
Maren works with clients to help prepare them for a successful job search campaign. Primarily, clients work with Maren in a five-unit, self-paced course, designed specifically for graduate students and PhDs interested in careers beyond the professoriate.
In addition to online videos and worksheets, you and Maren will work together in one-to-one coaching session to identify career options that are right for you, and to create actionable steps to help you find job opportunities.
This course is for people who have decided to leave academia but want to:
• Clarify and articlate their motivators and interests
• Identify their transferable skills
• Communicate their value to potential employers
• Create compelling professional documents
• Use social media (including Linkedin) in their job search
• Learn strategies to network and build a community of people who can help them find opportuntiies
Learn more about Boot Camp for the Post-Academic Job Seekers & Set up a free 30 minute consultation with Maren to learn more.
Are you struggling to finish your dissertation . . . or wonder if you should be finishing it at all? Do want to find more fulfilling, meaningful work, but can’t seem to identify what it would be? Do you want to achieve a better balance between all areas of your life and work? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Jen's clients are . . .
• Committed to making changes and moving forward in their lives
• Looking for support or guidance, not therapy or an expert telling them what to do
• Ready to do what’s right for them – not for someone else
• Seeking the perspective of an outsider who gets it
• In need of accountability to help them meet their own deadlines
• Not always sure what they want, but know it isn’t what they’ve got
Jen loves helping smart, accomplished individuals achieve their goals. Jen's clients come when they’re ready for action but find it hard to get and stay moving on their own. Jen works primarily with graduate students, PhDs seeking non-academic employment. Jen helps them improve their performance, develop their skills, and transform their lives. What fun!